Wednesday, April 19, 2017

The Halesworth Wrap

Patrick of Signature Yarns popped by the other day to show me the second finished sample of The Halesworth Wrap. (Hey, if I can't knit as much as I would like, I can at least drool over someone else's knitting.) This one was knit by another friend of ours, a fellow Village Yarns alumni. It's fantastic but definitely not for the faint of heart when it comes to colour. One of the things we're noticed is that gorgeous colour helps knitters really see a pattern. They may chose different colours when we show them the options but it gets their attention!

If you are interested, the pattern includes links to my blog post series on reading your knitting. I use the three stitch patterns in the wrap as examples for how to understand each stitch pattern. It really helps you to eliminate errors in your knitting when you acquire that skill.


I took a few quick photos to share here. 








The yarn in this version is a cotton rayon blend. It has a little sheen from the rayon and knits up with a crisp hand which makes those stitch patterns really pop. 

Here's the original with a less bold colour combination.





No comments:

Post a Comment