Wednesday, October 22, 2014

OMG! Rhinebeck

I was there WOW!

If you are one of my local readers the best way I can describe Rhinebeck is to say imagine all of these shows were held on the same day at the same venue.

The Knitter's Frolic
The Wine and Food Show
The One of a Kind Show
The Royal Winter Fair
The Woodstock Fleece Festival
The Kitchener Waterloo Knitter's Fair

We (Elizabeth McCarten and I) stayed at the very charming Beekman Arms in the village of Rhinebeck. The village feels a bit like Niagara on the Lake. Lots of good restaurants and lovely little shops.



We walked to the show and went in the back way with hundreds of other attendees. 



Many people drive and the parking goes on forever all around the venue. I'm told there are lengthy waits to get out of the parking lots at the end of the day.



People line up to get in, to use the ladies room, to get food and to buy yarn. 




The buildings are crowded.






There are sheep.




There are Angora rabbits.



Fortunately there are lots of open spaces outside to walk around with even more vendors.




You can see a few of the barns here.





It was a lovely drive through New York state to get there. Gorgeous fall colours, mountains and beautiful vista's to be enjoyed by me, the passenger when crossing bridges over the various waterways. Elizabeth and I had a wonderful time so many thanks to her for inviting me along!




1 comment:

  1. looks like a lot of champion line waiting, but oh so worth it! glad you had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete